Saturday 7 January 2012

Week One Draws to an End

Hey everyone,

As week one draws to an end I can reflect on a successful start to the 2012 Reboot and look forward to the week ahead.

The 42 points per day I get on the Weight Watchers plan is ample and I have found myself sometimes not needing the full amount, although I know I need to make sure I do given my training.

After my 12km run I felt surprisingly fresh the next day given I have not run that far in quite some time and it exceeded my previous longest run in this training module by 4km. The fact that I decided to just 'plod' the run out and go for time on my feet rather than push myself with a faster speed and lower kms may have something to do with the way my body felt? Not sure but what ever the case the 12km run had not slowed me down for the week.

I backed up Mondays run the following day with a 45 minute Boot Camp training session (a high intensity circuit training app on my iphone, I suggest you check it out if you want to change up your workouts). The workout incorporated a few weights and but basically non stop rapid movement, I was well buggered by the end!

On Wednesday I ran 8kms but given that I am training for the Tussock Traverse that requires I carry 1.5l of water and some clothing in case it gets to cold on the mountain, or possibly even lost! I ran with a Camel Bak backpack hoping to get a feel of what it will be like, it really wasnt to bad and I hardly noticed that it was there after a while.

Thursday saw me go to the local pools for a 30min swim session which gave my body a good break from the high impact running sessions, the swimming was really enjoyable and i think it will be a great way to alleviate the boredom that can come from solely running.

Friday was meant to be a rest day but I went out for a game of golf which was essentially a 7km walk, very relaxing and a good way to spend my rest day.

Now its Saturday and I have been for another 8km run (29km for the week) and just finished two yummy chicken wraps for dinner. Tomorrow will be a total rest day which I am looking forward to and given the weather is forecast to be awful I think it is timed well!

Time to plonk myself in front of the tv and enjoy the rest.

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment