Saturday 14 January 2012

An Up And Down Week

Hey Everyone,

First off I had a body composition done this week and when compared to my previous composition on 29th August last year it makes for interesting reading.

                            August  2011      January 2012        
Weight                       94.4kg             84.9kg           - 9.5kg
Body Fat Mass              22.6kg             18kg              - 4.6kg
% Body Fat                   23.9%              21.2%              - 2.7%


These are just the main markers i'll give from the composition as the others takes some explaining. Obviously I am really happy with these results and hope to keep the downward trend going. An interesting point was noticed in the recent composition my Target weight had dropped from 84.4kg to 78.8kg this means that I have lost muscle mass which isnt ideal so hopefully will see a difference on my next composition in 6 weeks time.


This week has been a little bit up and down, the week started really well with a 10km run Monday, a Box Fit class Tuesday with Mama On The Move (from now on Shaz) then another 10km run on Tuesday.......it went a little pear shaped for a couple of days after that.....

I was working for two days at the beach and Shaz and our little man came for the trip as well, I don't know what its like for you but if I get out of routine I find it really hard to keep my healthy hat on, such was the case this time, unfortunately we had a veg out on lollies and chips and a few ice creams, felt bad after it but had resolve to get straight back on the exercise horse.

Saturday Shaz and I went for a swim in morning which was really good on a warm morning although the biggest surprise came earlier today when I set out for a 14km run........and ended up running 21.55km....thats half marathon distance! The run felt great and a constant steady pace of around 9km/h was really good for me to run further rather than try and up the pace, needless to say this has put me in a great frame of mind for the 13km trail run in 2 weeks time.

Heres the plan for the week ahead:

          Monday            Rest Day     
          Tuesday            Box Fit 
          Wednesday      10km run
          Thursday          Rest Day
          Friday               10km run
          Saturday           8km run
          Sunday             36 holes of Golf (Trials)

I'm interested to see how my body will recover after todays big run, with 28km to run this week lets hope it recovers well!

2 comments:

  1. those changes in your body composition are so good :) would have been so cool to have taken pics back then so you can SEE the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's some great progress man. :-)

    ReplyDelete